Bird watching in raichur

 
I recommend raichur for bird watching only if you are a serious bird watcher. For all other tourists there is very little in raichur and those interested in bird watching go ahead. I stayed there or two years during my stint at a public sector company and these winged visitors helped my stay with their morning and evening calls. You need not go farther than your bedroom, simply open your window and can watch them with delight.
However for more serious birder, you need to venture out only 2-3 kms from your room(if you live nearby shaktinagar).I assure you on any given day you can spot more than 50 species of birds in less than 2 hours, and more han 100 in a day.
These shots you can get any time of the day, any time in a year, anynumber of times.
Some painted storks feed there young ones. These are permanent settlers here, unlike other bird sanctuaries where they are seasonal.
This grey hornbill gave me pose right near my room. Earlier I visited dandeli wildlife sanctuary to spot him, but now he decided to visit me at my place,right near my room therby extending our warm friendship.
You are lucky i you are able to spot this golden oriole, near the same tree where my friend grey hornbill sat.
He wants to eat the fruit and i used the oppurtunity to get good shots.
And this purple sun bird waiting to find a mate, lonely, single.
An this whistling thrush like our purple sun bird , waitingg for a date.
This red vented bulbul was playing with his mate.
This green bee eaters tease you when you dont have cameras.
These cormorants are also permanently settled in there respective areas. You can find a lot more like these.
And this fellow(Golden oriole) was building nest.

This coucal ran for a kilometre before giving me a pose. A good athelete!

This little fellow is very cute.
Mr.Mahok was hiding along with his mate in his bush. Cant get sight of Mrs.Mahok.
A messenger of peace.
This myna waiting for a mate.
Like his cousin myna, this brahminy kite trying to do the same.
This parrot couple were so romantic.
This little bird was as busy as a bee.
Sparrow. I miss u in chennai.
Indian roller enjoying his evening.
This baya weaver was busy with his family.
The big monster.
The adventurous indian koel.
A heronry shared with storks.
They indian grey partridge.
we will see this story of the coppersmith barbet in the next post.
Please give your comments.
 

Comments

  1. My son posted at raichur is very happy with bird watching...he also spoted several type of birds there.everyday he load the photos at facebook.I enjoy very much.everyone of my family is nature lover.enjoyed your blog very much.name of my son is titash chakrabarti.and me anishree chakraborty.thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for the informational post. I was not aware of the bird watching opportunities in Raichur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MURALIDHAR Gopalakrishna awesome didn't know that raichur is a birders paradise, few ids needs correction, Mr Mahok is blue faced malkoha and brahminy kite is actually brahminy starling and the messenger of peace is laughing dove and the small bird busy as a bee is the common tailor bird🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sangatta to Balikpapan via Bontang and Samarinda - a journey through sky

Cycling in the Enchanting mahabaleshwar